Monday, September 17, 2012

"Like Friends"

A couple of weeks ago, amidst the trials and turmoil of this case, B and I were taking a walk with the pups and decided to stop at our neighborhood park for some play time. Usually I sit at a picnic table and watch the kiddos play, but that day I decided to take part in the fun. Little B ran toward the big toy and I began to chase her, following her up the stairs and down the slide. When our feet hit the bark, we both giggled with delight at how much fun sliding together had been. As we ran back to the big toy for some more fun, sweet little B stopped, looked up at me and said, "You play with me Mama?" "Yes," I said. "I play with you." "Like friends?" she said. "Yes. Just like friends," I replied. "Yay!" she shouted with delight:) That moment warmed my soul and made me realize how much I need to treasure this special relationship I have with my foster daughter. "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." Lord, thank you for my foster children. Help me to cherish the tenderness and faithfulness of a child.

-Heather

2 comments:

  1. You good mama. Love you babe, living proof that some things will stick and their lives may just be better leaving than when they came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You good mama. Love you babe, living proof that some things will stick and their lives may just be better leaving than when they came.

    ReplyDelete