Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Trimester Down

On Tuesday I had the divine opportunity to see my two beautiful babies:) I am officially 13 weeks pregnant and, therefore, had my 13 week ultrasound. I got to spend an hour laying down, looking at a screen, watching 2 new lives taking their form. I cannot even begin to express the amazement (and relief) I experienced at that moment, watching my babies moving around inside my womb. I just wanted to cry out, "How Great is our God!" He has performed the most precious miracle in my life and I don't even know how to wrap my mind around the enormity of this blessing. This is something I honestly thought I would never get to experience. I praise God for giving me so much more than I could ever hope to deserve.

As far as I could tell, both babies seem to be growing normally and are on target. Bravo (Baby B) was such a champ. He/she was posing perfectly for the camera, allowing the ultrasound tech to measure everything they needed to, and has a heartbeat of 156 bpm. We got so many wonderful pictures of Bravo; his/her little profile is the sweetest thing I have ever seen:) Alpha (Baby A) was not as cooperative. He/she would not turn toward the camera during the entire hour-long ultrasound. Finally the doctor came in, wiggled my belly around a little bit, and got Alpha to turn around just enough to get a semi-clear picture of his/her face. I wanted to post some of the pictures we received so we can all share in this joy and miracle of life together.


Baby Bravo


Baby Alpha


I already love my children more than words can express. I am amazed at how God chooses to bring life into the world... through a mother's womb. I am so thankful that I get to carry these 2 precious babies and cannot wait to watch them grow and thrive. Thank you, Lord, for choosing me to be their mother.

-Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment