Friday, June 21, 2013

Worshiping in the Harvest

While Ronnie and I were stationed at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, we had the privilege of attending First Assembly Worship Center in Alamogordo. We loved being a part of that church family and made some great relationships. Ronnie and I began "trying" to have a baby while we were there, but left 3 years later in the midst of our journey through Infertility. Many people from the church supported us and prayed for us during our painful struggle and it felt disheartening to have to leave without having received healing from the Lord. However, I received some encouraging words from Kathy, our Pastor's wife, that I have held onto firmly. She told me that she had a vision of me, leading worship and singing up on stage, pregnant. She went on to say that I was going to be a witness to others of God's miracle in my life. When people saw me, they would be encouraged and reminded that we serve a God that still performs miracles. Her vision was then confirmed by Melissa, my current Pastor's wife, who had been praying that same prayer for me since she learned of my Infertility. During my 5 and a half years of barrenness, I continued to lead worship with our former and current church's worship teams, choosing to Praise God in my desert place. But I still prayed for healing and trusted that God had given that vision to both of my Pastors' wives for a reason. So, when Ronnie and I finally became pregnant 5 and half months ago, I couldn't wait for the day when I was finally "showing" enough to stand up on stage, worship my Lord, and visually proclaim the miracle he had done in my life. My sweet and talented friend, Cheri, captured this image of me a couple of Sundays ago during one of our worship services. I believe this is the vision I have been holding onto for all of these years...


"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."  -Psalm 9:1-2

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment