Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tomorrow

Hello everyone. I want to thank you for all of your prayers during these last few days. I definitely felt constantly surrounded in prayer and I took all of your comments to heart. After much consideration, discussion, and prayer, I have decided to go ahead with our original plan and get surgery tomorrow. I know that as much as I want to help foster children, I can only be a good mom after I take care of myself first. So tomorrow morning, at 4:15 am, we leave for the hospital at Lackland AFB. I have to be there by 5:15 and my surgery is scheduled for 7:30. I should be in recovery anywhere between 9-11 am, depending on what they find and how long the surgery ends up taking. I appreciate your continued prayers and I will update you all in the next few days to let you know the diagnosis (or lack-of) post-surgery. Ronnie will be by my side tomorrow, so please feel free to contact him if you want a quick update. Thank you again for your prayers and for investing in Ronnie and me. We truly are blessed to have so many family members and friends who love and support us:)

-Heather

3 comments:

  1. We love you both. I prayer for peace of mind and a calm spirit tomorrow as you start this journey. I know things will work out no matter what the results. Lots of love from Oregon! We'll check un often to see how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather and Ronnie-
    Stumbled into your blog tonight. It's my first time. We have been unaware of your journey. Don't know if you know the full story behind Isaac's Room, but we seem to have a lot of common thoughts and desires when it comes to caring for kiids in need. I know you see Zac and Andrew and think we had our own easily, but there were several years of infertility and a couple miscarriages. When we named our organization Isaac's Room, we really believed we were not going to have any biological children beyond Isaac. Anyway, I will be praying for your procedure tomorrow. Would love to talk sometime when you are up for it! 503-881-0796. Love, tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to catch up on blogs in the past couple of weeks and I just read your last few posts. I pray your surgery went well and I'm believing in a quick and healthy recovery (I've had the same surgery). God bless!!

    ReplyDelete